I don’t know what it is about the end of summer, but it has my motivation seriously lacking. In South Carolina it feels like summer drags on forever. I think part of my missing motivation is going into daydreaming about apple cider, booties and leaves changing colors. This summer has been a hard one so I’m not sad to see it go. I am ready to get some of my motivation back, though. Whenever I get into a funk like this, I make sure to read my list of “Non-Negotiables” I have hanging first thing when arrive at work in the morning. My Non-Negotiables are ten things I don’t compromise on and try to carry with me throughout the day.
- Start each day with a grateful heart.
- Work hard at everything you do.
- Always choose love over bitterness.
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Stay curious.
- Do it will passion or not at all.
- Be honest. Be silly. Be kind.
- You don’t have to be fearless. Just don’t let fear stop you.
- Have the courage to begin again.
I have these ten things printed out and displayed in my cubicle at work. That way when I come in everything morning, I can read them and start my day on a positive note. What do you do when you’re in a funk? Do you have any “Non-Negotiables”?